ONE WILPF CALLSPublished on February, 01 2017
Get Inspired... then get busy!
ONE WILPF CALLS are for all WILPF members.
ENGAGE more - CONNECT more - LEAD more
Amplify your voice with ours on monthly
Easy to Use Powerful Maestro Technology
Open to all WILPF members
TALK with WILPF leaders from across the US
PLAN sharing strategies and resources that work fo peace, planet, women’s rights, human rights.
ACT TOGETHER for measurable impact on the causes that matter to you.
These calls use a powerful but easy to navigate conferencing technology that combines presentation and workshop time in break out rooms YOU help lead!
ONE WILPF CALLS are just for WILPF members so you have to pre-register.
- Hear nationally known activists and speakers
- Plan next steps for your community
- Help lead our national section and guide program
LISTEN TO WOMEN… FOR A CHANGE!
Pre-registration is required
How To Participate
You can call in with your phone or using both your phone and your computer for a fuller communication experience. All voices will be muted during the general part of the call and open during Break Out Rooms.
PRESS 5 on your phone keypad if you have any technical problems.
PRESS 1 on your phone keypad during Q&A to raise your hand and get on the stack, or to vote in real time polls
- Be prepared and come ready to engage. Read the agenda, notes from the previous call, and do any preparatory work ahead of time.
- Balance your participation—speak and listen—and make sure everyone’s voice is heard.
- Look ahead to positive action, not back on ‘shoulda, woulda, coulda’.
- Stay Focused. Everyone is responsible for helping to stay on topic—capture off topic items in a ‘backburner’ and agree to discuss them later at a more appropriate time.
- Be concise and to the point.
- Be open to feedback.
Upcoming Call Schedule
All calls are scheduled at 4pm pacific/7pm eastern. If this changes from one call to another it will be posted in Call Promotion Emails. We struggle with making it a time everyone can make, and keeping it at a consistent schedule.
- June 8, 2017
- July 13, 2017
- August 10, 2017
- September 14, 2017
To suggest a speaker or topic, email us at email@example.com.
- May 11, 2017 -- Introduced Chris Wilcox and the RISE UP: WOMEN ORGANIZING FOR ACTION Congress Planning Summary
- April 13, 2017 -- featured Shilpa Pandey, the new Membership Development Chair
- March 9, 2017 -- featured: Ray Acheson of REACHING CRITICAL WILL
- February 9, 2017 -- featured: Cindy Domingo of the CUBA & BOLIVARIAN ALLIANCE ISSUE COMMITTEE OF WILPF US.
- January 12, 2017 -- featured: Margaret Flowers of POPULAR RESISTANCE
- December 8, 2016 -- featured: Medea Benjamin of CODE PINK on Saudi Arabia & Yemen
- November 10, 2016 -- featured: Phyllis Bennis of INSTITUTE FOR POLICY STUDIES on Syria
- October 13, 2016 -- featured: reports from WORLD BEYOND WAR Conference
- September 19, 2016 -- featured: Kozue Akibayashi, President of WILPF INTERNATIONAL
- August 18, 2016 -- featured: Nancy Price of the EARTH DEMOCRACY ISSUE COMMITTEE of WILPF US
- July 13, 2016 -- featured: Branch Roundup... "Where We Are in 2016"
- June 13, 2016 -- The Initial Launch Experience