Vision and MissionPublished on August, 16 2012
WILPF envisions a transformed world at peace, where there is racial, social, and economic justice for all people everywhere—a world in which:
- The needs of all people are met in a fair and equitable manner
- All people equally participate in making the decisions that affect them
- The interconnected web of life is acknowledged and celebrated in diverse ways and communities
- Human societies are designed and organized for sustainable existence
WILPF members create the peaceful transformation they wish to see in the world by making connections that:
- Provide continuity with the past so that knowledge of historical events and patterns informs current activities for change
- Create analysis and action that reflect and reinforce each other
- Link and challenge root causes of oppression, especially racism, sexism, heterosexism, militarism, economic disparity, and political disempowerment
- Build and strengthen relationships and movements for justice, peace, and radical democracy
WILPF U.S. is a non-profit C4 corporation organized under the laws of Pennsylvania, with its primary business office in Boston, MA and branches in 26 states. It has a board of directors elected by WILPF members and offers a variety of volunteer leadership opportunities to its members.
It is governed by the WILPF International Constitution and Bylaws, the U.S. Section Bylaws, and the laws of both Massachusetts and Pennsylvania. It reports annually to the Internal Revenue Service on IRS form 990.