Represent WILPF in Planning the 2015 US Social ForumPublished on February, 30 2014
by Sydney Gliserman and Ellen Schwartz, WILPF National Program Committee Co-Chairs
We are looking for a WILPF-US Representative to the US Social Forum (USSF)'s National Planning Committee. WILPF-US has had a representative on the NPC, the decision-making body of the organization, since the first USSF in 2007. Responsibilities include:
- Staying up-to-date on relevant issues and procedural matters;
- Participating in a once-monthly conference call;
- Participating in one to two working groups;
- Possibly attending the next USSF in 2015 (will be held simultaneously in several interconnected gatherings located around the country); and
- Communicating actions/relevant information with the WILPF-US Program Committee via the program listserv or through attendance on the committee's once-monthly conference call.
We anticipate the time commitment for the position to be approximately 2-5 hours per week. Interested individuals should contact the Program Co-Chairs, Sydney Gliserman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ellen Schwartz (email@example.com) for further information. Please reply by March 11.
Individuals interested in the USSF, but not in this particular role, should note that there are many other opportunities for participation in the USSF process. These include attending or participating in local and regional organizing committees, as well as the working groups (gender justice, poverty, communications-media, and others)—which are open and looking for new members. Consult the USSF website http://www.ussocialforum.net/ for more information.